On our Douglas Island day trip, you'll fish for salmon and watch humpback whales in Auke Bay and Favorite Channel. The Maggie Sea offers the perfect platform for wildlife observation. We’ll also have the opportunity to view bears, eagles, orcas, and sea lions. Nothing matches the flexibility and freedom of a custom charter.
Notify us when you arrive in Juneau, at least one day before your trip departure.
Our journey begins with a 9:00 am departure from Aurora Harbor. We sail south through Gastineau Channel, and cruise around Douglas Island, heading north toward Mansfield Peninsula. We'll continue to the point, and then retrace our route back to Aurora Harbor, arriving by 5:00 pm. There's plenty to see in do in Juneau, especially in the historic downtown district.
What's included in your charter?
Each multi-day charter includes:
- The Maggie Sea, our 40' custom cabin cruiser.
- Operating costs of the Maggie Sea during your charter, including fuel, fees, and permits.
- A 16' powered skiff that lets us ferry our guest
- An experienced crew, including Alaska-licensed captain and deckhand.
- Chef-prepared meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner).
- All beverages, snacks, and appetizers.
- Fishing tackle for guests who have purchased an Alaska fishing license.
- Your catch of the day, superbly prepared by our chef.
- Processing and freezing of fish for the flight back home.
Additional trip costs
We have priced our charters for two people. There are also variable costs for any custom charter. These costs depend on fuel surcharges, the number of guests, and meal preferences. An invoice for these supplemental expenses will be provided before your departure.
- Meals and beverages for additional guests.
- Beer, wine, and alcohol.
- Fishing license and bait.
- Unanticipated fuel price spikes.
We require a 50% deposit for your charter at the time of booking. The unpaid balance is due 90 days before the trip departure date.
Please be sure to buy trip insurance when you book your charter. A good option is www.insuremytrip.com. Our trips are planned several months before departure. With the limited operating season in Alaska, we must strictly adhere to the following cancellation/refund policy:
- Cancellation 151 days (or more) before departure. You will receive a refund of 80% of the deposit. Your loss is equivalent to 10% of the charter cost.
- Cancellation 91-150 days before departure. You will receive a refund of 50% of the deposit. Your loss is equivalent to 25% of the charter cost.
- Cancellation 31-89 days before departure. Forfeiture of the entire deposit. Your loss is equivalent to 50% of the charter cost.
- Cancellation 1-30 days before departure. Forfeiture of the entire cost of the charter.
We advise clients at their discretion to plan for a 15 to 20 percent gratuity—given to the captain and shared with the crew.
Included in your charter
On this four-day Tenakee Springs adventure, we’ll visit small Alaskan coastal communities, see ancient rainforests, and observe orcas and whales in Alaska’s Inside Passage. The Maggie Sea provides unparalleled access to quiet coves and quaint fishing villages.
On our three-day Excursion Inlet adventure, you'll fish for Sockeye salmon and Dungeness crab, and observe the magnificent humpback whales in Icy Strait. The Maggie Sea offers the perfect platform for wildlife observation. We’ll also view bears, eagles, orcas, and sea lions.
Icy Strait Whales
On our four-day Icy Strait Whales trip, you'll see the breathtaking mountains, waterfalls, wilderness, and wildlife of Icy Strait and Dundas Bay. The Maggie Sea is a great vessel for observing Alaska's brown bears, eagles, orcas, and magnificent humpback whales.
Sign up for our annual newsletter and we'll keep you informed of new itineraries, special interest charters, and great promotions.