On this six-day Granite Fjords adventure, we'll cruise from Juneau to Petersburg, Alaska. You’ll see glaciers, whales, and the incredible scenery and wildlife of Alaska’s Inside Passage. The Maggie Sea provides you with unparalleled access to the best locations for viewing fjords, icebergs, and waterfalls. Each day features superbly selected locations, including ancient rainforests, the blue-green waters of quiet coves and bays, mist-covered mountains, and quaint fishing villages.
Plan to arrive in Juneau at least one day before your trip departure.
Our journey begins with a 9:00 am departure from Aurora Harbor. We’ll sail south through Gastineau Channel, and pass the cruise ships docked in Juneau. We 'll cruise to Taku Harbor, and then continue to Ford's Terror Wilderness. We enter Endicott Arm, and then stop for a short hike at the amazing waterfall at Sanford Cove. Then we'll continue on a short run to Ford’s Terror, and one of the most spectacular settings in Southeast Alaska.
We continue cruising east on Endicott Arm toward the Dawes Glacier at the ice-choked end of the fjord. In the late morning, we reverse directions and turned away from Dawes Glacier, retracing our journey through the length of Endicott Arm. Our spectacular day continues when we enter Ford’s Terror at slack tide and explore the majestic and stunning inner fjord, accessible only through this narrow passage. Our evening anchorage is at No Name Cove.
We depart for our exploration into Tracy Arm, another magnificent fjord that twists and turns through towering mountains. After viewing South Sawyer Glacier, we return back and cruise back through Tracy Arm. Our destination is a small cove nestled inside Holcomb Bay.
We'll cruise south to Admiralty Island, known for its dense bear population. Along the way we'll watch for breaching whales, fast-moving pods of orcas, and Dall’s porpoises. We stop at the beautiful, remote Brothers Islands on our way to Pybus Bay. This evening we'll anchor in Scenery Cove, in an idyllic setting within Pybus Bay.
Today we'll continue cruising south through Frederick Sound, hugging the northern coast of Kupreanof Island. We head straight for the dramatic LeConte Glacier Bay. We explore LeConte Glacier Bay by skiff from our protected anchorage at Indian Point, just outside the entry to the fjord.
Our adventure ends today. We'll cruise to North Harbor, arriving by 1:00 pm. There's plenty to see in do in Petersburg, especially in the historic downtown district.
What's included in your charter?
Each multi-day charter includes:
- The Maggie Sea, our 40' custom cabin cruiser.
- Operating costs of the Maggie Sea during your charter, including fuel, fees, and permits.
- A 16' powered skiff that lets us ferry our guest
- An experienced crew, including Alaska-licensed captain and deckhand.
- Chef-prepared meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner).
- All beverages, snacks, and appetizers.
- Fishing tackle for guests who have purchased an Alaska fishing license.
- Your catch of the day, superbly prepared by our chef.
- Processing and freezing of fish for the flight back home.
Additional trip costs
We have priced our charters for two people. There are also variable costs for any custom charter. These costs depend on fuel surcharges, the number of guests, and meal preferences. An invoice for these supplemental expenses will be provided before your departure.
- Meals and beverages for additional guests.
- Beer, wine, and alcohol.
- Fishing license and bait.
- Unanticipated fuel price spikes.
We require a 50% deposit for your charter at the time of booking. The unpaid balance is due 90 days before the trip departure date.
Please be sure to buy trip insurance when you book your charter. A good option is www.insuremytrip.com. Our trips are planned several months before departure. With the limited operating season in Alaska, we must strictly adhere to the following cancellation/refund policy:
- Cancellation 151 days (or more) before departure. You will receive a refund of 80% of the deposit. Your loss is equivalent to 10% of the charter cost.
- Cancellation 91-150 days before departure. You will receive a refund of 50% of the deposit. Your loss is equivalent to 25% of the charter cost.
- Cancellation 31-89 days before departure. Forfeiture of the entire deposit. Your loss is equivalent to 50% of the charter cost.
- Cancellation 1-30 days before departure. Forfeiture of the entire cost of the charter.
We advise clients at their discretion to plan for a 15 to 20 percent gratuity—given to the captain and shared with the crew.
Included in your charter
Spend the day with us on our Douglas Island charter. You'll fish for salmon and observe humpback whales in Auke Bay and Favorite Channel. The Maggie Sea offers the perfect platform for wildlife observation. You’ll also have the chance to view bears, eagles, and sea lions.
On this four-day Tenakee Springs adventure, we’ll visit small Alaskan coastal communities, see ancient rainforests, and observe orcas and whales in Alaska’s Inside Passage. The Maggie Sea provides unparalleled access to quiet coves and quaint fishing villages.
On our three-day Excursion Inlet adventure, you'll fish for Sockeye salmon and Dungeness crab, and observe the magnificent humpback whales in Icy Strait. The Maggie Sea offers the perfect platform for wildlife observation. We’ll also view bears, eagles, orcas, and sea lions.
Sign up for our annual newsletter and we'll keep you informed of new itineraries, special interest charters, and great promotions.