On our seven-day Admiralty Island photography charter, you’ll see glaciers, whales, and the incredible scenery and wildlife of Alaska’s Inside Passage. Nothing can match a private Alaskan charter for freedom of travel. The Maggie Sea will provide you with unparalleled access to eagles, bears, orcas, and whales and the best locations to view fjords, icebergs, and waterfalls. Each day features superbly selected locations, including ancient rainforests, the blue-green waters of quiet coves and bays, mist-covered mountains, and quaint fishing villages.
Plan to arrive in Juneau at least one day before your trip departure.
Our journey begins with a 9:00 am departure from Aurora Harbor. We’ll sail south through Gastineau Channel, and pass the cruise ships docked in Juneau. We 'll cruise around Douglas Island, and head north toward Mansfield Peninsula. Then we’ll continue around the point and turn south. We'll arrive at our evening anchorage in Funter Bay.
We’ll cruise to Pavlov Harbor for a hike along the beach. Then we’ll visit the small community of Tenakee Springs. We'll arrive in Warm Springs Bay in late afternoon. We’ll anchor at the dock or near the opening to a small estuary.
The Maggie Sea will cruise south into Chatham Strait, and then head east into Frederick Sound. Humpback whales alert to us along the way. A series of coves, bays, and fjords shelter us from the storms of the Gulf of Alaska. We'll explore Murder Cove on the southern coast of Admiralty Island, and continue our cruise toward Pybus Bay. Our evening anchorage is near the far reach of the bay.
We’ll sail the Maggie Sea to the Brothers Islands. Then we’ll cruise north past Five Fingers Light. We cautiously head through the entrance to Endicott Arm, and proceed to our evening destination at Ford's Terror.
We'll spend the day exploring the Endicott Arm and Ford's Terror Wilderness, and marvel at the gigantic Dawes Glacier. Then we'll reverse directions, and head to a beautiful waterfall at Sanford Cove. We'll arrive at No Name Cove in early evening.
We'll spend a second full day in Ford's Terror Wilderness, exploring Tracy Arm and gazing at the enormous South Sawyer Glacier. Then we'll retrace our route, and arrive at No Name Cove in early evening.
Our adventure ends today. We'll cruise back to Aurora Harbor, arriving by 1:00 pm. There's plenty to see in do in Juneau, especially in the historic downtown district.
What's included in your charter?
Each multi-day charter includes:
- The Maggie Sea, our 40' custom cabin cruiser.
- Operating costs of the Maggie Sea during your charter, including fuel, fees, and permits.
- A 16' powered skiff that lets us ferry our guest
- An experienced crew, including Alaska-licensed captain and deckhand.
- Chef-prepared meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner).
- All beverages, snacks, and appetizers.
- Fishing tackle for guests who have purchased an Alaska fishing license.
- Your catch of the day, superbly prepared by our chef.
- Processing and freezing of fish for the flight back home.
Additional trip costs
We have priced our charters for two people. There are also variable costs for any custom charter. These costs depend on fuel surcharges, the number of guests, and meal preferences. An invoice for these supplemental expenses will be provided before your departure.
- Meals and beverages for additional guests.
- Beer, wine, and alcohol.
- Fishing license and bait.
- Unanticipated fuel price spikes.
We require a 50% deposit for your charter at the time of booking. The unpaid balance is due 90 days before the trip departure date.
Please be sure to buy trip insurance when you book your charter. A good option is www.insuremytrip.com. Our trips are planned several months before departure. With the limited operating season in Alaska, we must strictly adhere to the following cancellation/refund policy:
- Cancellation 151 days (or more) before departure. You will receive a refund of 80% of the deposit. Your loss is equivalent to 10% of the charter cost.
- Cancellation 91-150 days before departure. You will receive a refund of 50% of the deposit. Your loss is equivalent to 25% of the charter cost.
- Cancellation 31-89 days before departure. Forfeiture of the entire deposit. Your loss is equivalent to 50% of the charter cost.
- Cancellation 1-30 days before departure. Forfeiture of the entire cost of the charter.
We advise clients at their discretion to plan for a 15 to 20 percent gratuity—given to the captain and shared with the crew.
Included in your charter
Spend the day with us on our Douglas Island charter. You'll fish for salmon and observe humpback whales in Auke Bay and Favorite Channel. The Maggie Sea offers the perfect platform for wildlife observation. You’ll also have the chance to view bears, eagles, and sea lions.
On this four-day Tenakee Springs adventure, we’ll visit small Alaskan coastal communities, see ancient rainforests, and observe orcas and whales in Alaska’s Inside Passage. The Maggie Sea provides unparalleled access to quiet coves and quaint fishing villages.
On our three-day Excursion Inlet adventure, you'll fish for Sockeye salmon and Dungeness crab, and observe the magnificent humpback whales in Icy Strait. The Maggie Sea offers the perfect platform for wildlife observation. We’ll also view bears, eagles, orcas, and sea lions.
Sign up for our annual newsletter and we'll keep you informed of new itineraries, special interest charters, and great promotions.